Monday, April 27, 2009

IN YOUR FACE - A video of you on your website

Let’s say a friend of yours takes you to a business meet and greet. You walk in the room and you look around. You don’t see anyone you know. You do notice Josh Hodell, the local weatherman from WBRE TV standing there, chatting with a few people. You have to start mingling with people, so what do you do? Do you randomly pick someone out of the crowd and introduce yourself and hope they are interested in talking to you? Do you think to yourself, “That Josh Hodell guy seem approachable and friendly on the TV, and he certainly knows a lot about the weather. I could go up to him and ask him what the weather will be like tomorrow, and start a conversation.”

That is the power of video. People can get a sense of who you are and what you know, without ever meeting you in person. By having a video of YOU on your website, you will be showing potential customers who you are, your knowledge and expertise about your products and services, and maybe most importantly, your passion for your business.

Now some people were just born to be in front of the camera, other, not so. It’s my job as a video producer to educate my clients on the video process and to ease the nervous client into the on-camera process so they fell comfortable and confident in their presentation. Sometimes, a lot of effort goes into making the client look good. It’s an art, and something I take great pride in.

I can tell you first hand that this works. Since I put a video of me talking about my services on my website, perspective clients that call to inquire about my services tell me they saw my video on my website. So before they talk to me, they already know this:

1. They know what I look like
2. They know how I sound and act
3. They know exactly what I do
4. They know how much experience I have
5. They know that I am serious and passionate about producing videos



Website video is a very powerful tool, and you can do much more with the video than just put it on your website, but that will be in the next blog!

No comments: