Monday, April 27, 2009

Would you eat here?!

I love to surf YouTube for local videos. Type in Wilkes-Barre, Scranton, or Luzerne County, and you’ll find a range of content from totally useless and a waste of time, to political opinions, and to highly polished informative viral videos. I wanted to see if any local pizza places were posting videos on YouTube, because if bloggers like to talk about any thing, it’s their favorite food.

I found this video, and I don’t know what to make of it. It is a “Banned” commercial for this pizza parlor complete with the F-bomb and several disturbing subliminal still shots throughout the video.



It is probably one of two things.
1. Someone hates this pizza place so much that they made faux commercial to discredit the pizza parlor.
2. Someone actually tried to make a commercial for this pizza place, and decided it would be a good idea to post this on the internet.

Judging by the comments left by people, I see I’m not the only one who thinks this is a marketing train wreck. Recently Domino’s Pizza was brought to its knees when two idiot employees posted a video of one of the cooks doing disgusting things with the food they were about to serve. Who’s knows how many dollars were lost because of this video.

With all the good that can come from internet marketing, it’s scary to think that your business could be in the hands of someone you don’t even know. So, go and Google your business, you might be surprised at what you find.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lighten up, Scott! I, too, like to surf YouTube, and when I stumbled upon this video a while back I just had to go check out Natoni's Pizzeria for myself. Not only was it a fun-tastic family environment, but Papa Natoni really does offer to wash your car! If you go, I'd suggest Uncle Tony's famous sausage & peppers. And by the way, what subliminal messages did you see? I have no idea what you're talking about.

Unknown said...

Natoni's has some of the best pizza in town. The commercial is obviously a joke- and terrific one at that. Look at the number of views! There is no such thing as bad publicity.