Monday, April 27, 2009

An Introduction

Hello and welcome to my blog! Over the course of the year, I’d like to post some information on using video to market your business effectively through television and the internet.

I’ve been in the video business since 1986, working at local TV stations WBRE and WVIA in the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton market. I’ve seen the transition from 1 inch video tape costing $120 for a one hour reel to a mini DV tape costing $4. I’ve also used a “portable” Ikegami tube camera tethered to a Sony 1 inch “portable” recording deck (in those days, the camera and recording unit were 2 separate pieces) that totaled a whopping $130,000 dollars! Today, a $4,000 camera offers a much better picture and high resolution to boot.

While a lot changes, some things stay the same. Video’s role in marketing is to tell the story of your business, and to make people want to buy your services and products, regardless of whether it’s delivered on disc, television, or over the internet. I hope you will find this blog helpful and informative.

No comments: